Wednesday, October 1, 2014

If you say this, you will fail.

As you know, I talk to people about exercise A LOT.  Many people, each in different situations and under different circumstances.

But I’ve picked up on a red flag that tells me whether or not the person with whom I’m speaking will ever get results.

Yes – there is one short phrase that if you utter it, tells me unequivocally that you will not get results from your program.

Want to know what it is?  Here it is:

“Well, it’s better than nothing.”

It's usually spoken when they tell me they are doing ____ for exercise and I roll my eyes.  “Well, it’s better than nothing, Jon!”  Wrong.

Yep.  That’s it.  When I hear "It's better than nothing" I know the person saying it WILL NEVER GET RESULTS.  They will never have the healthy, slim physique and lifestyle they want.  It tells me they are OK with the lowest common denominator and actually don't want to get better.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way:

Eating a doughnut is better than nothing – but it’s still pretty stupid.

Breathing polluted air is better than nothing – but it’s not a good idea.

(Insert waste of time exercise) is better than nothing – but it’s a waste of your time and may be injurious. 

If you want results from exercise, you need to stop doing things that are “better than nothing” and start doing things that WORK.  Like just about everything else in life, it’s about making better choices.

Want to be slim, sexy and strong?  Go to a good facility who will assess where you are, listen to your goals and design a plan for you.  A plan that won’t include things that are “better than nothing”.

As always, we're here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment