Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Testimonial For My Clients!

Yep, I’m writing a testimonial for my clients. I’ve received piles of testimonials over the years that have flattered me: now it’s my turn to return the favor. My friend Jon calls this a “reverse testimonial”. I don’t like the term, but he’ll accuse me of plagiarism if I don’t credit him.

Anyway, I was participating in the 5pm small group session earlier tonight. Sharon was doing the training and I asked her to give me the last 10 minutes or so – I had a new circuit I wanted to try on my clients and myself.

We completed the circuit, it went well as expected, but it WAS…NOT…EASY. I can’t emphasize this enough.

But because I had stopped my workout to explain the particulars of the circuit, I wanted to do a few more rounds myself. So I said to the group “the session is officially over, feel free to split, see you next time. I am going to do 3 or 4 more rounds though. If anyone wants to stick around and do them with me, you’re more than welcome to, but if you want to or need to split, no biggie.”

The session was over. Both in terms of time (it was 6pm) and programming – Sharon and I did everything we wanted to. I was expecting to be swinging kettlebells for a few more minutes on my own.

What I got was this: 6 blank stares and everybody holding their kettlebell. The stares said “Bring it on Rimmer. Where the hell else would I rather be than swinging kettlebells with my friends?”

Insert picture of me going “You are all some bad ass b!tches, and I LOVE MY JOB!!!”

And I know what some of you are thinking: they caved to peer pressure.

Nope. My clients know their workout is THEIR workout. Do what you need to do and peer pressure is not allowed.

And some of you were thinking, well the previous 50 minutes couldn’t have been that hard.

B.S. I wiped the mats twice because of sweat accumulation and we had the AC blasting.

And no, none of us are like those CrossFit ass-sticks who can’t differentiate between working hard and being a moron. Everybody was still bio-mechanically competent.

And yes, I did call them bad-ass b!tches to their faces and they all loved it because they know I meant it with unbelievably high admiration for their toughness and dedication to their workout, to me, and to each other.

BIG time props to L-Jo, She-Ra, LoriLori, Sasha, Shazarella and T-Woww – love you guys! Feel free to mock people who work out while watching TV and fiddling with their phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment