Friday, January 8, 2010

Your time and your money.

You will spend time and money on your health and fitness.

Period.

Sometimes we forget that we don’t have a choice in this matter. YOU ARE GOING TO SPEND TIME AND MONEY ON YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS.

How you spend that time and money however is a choice.

You have two places to place your time and money:

a) a good exercise facility, a good personal trainer, a good nutritionist, a good massage therapist.

b) cardiologists, orthopedists, plastic surgeons, chiropractors.

I know this sounds harsh, but it’s that simple and it’s very true. You are not going to get another chance with another body someday. You are stuck with the one you have.

You can take care of it now which requires a relatively little time and effort.

Or you can be reactive and take care of it after it fails you. This requires an extreme amount of effort and money.

We all know someone with a bad back or heart problems. I don’t need to ask them how much effort it’s taken to deal with those things, let alone how much money it’s taken to address those issues.

Some people don't enjoy working out. Frankly, I don't most of the time. But try living with back pain and shortness of breath instead and get back to me. Working out won't seem so bad after all.

I know this realization certainly made me think about my priorities. And by no means would I ever be so bold as to tell you where your priorities lie.

But give it some thought.

*(As with the last post, I got the idea for this blog from Mike Boyle, one of the best strength and conditioning trainers on the planet. It hit home to me so I borrowed it. Go to bodybyboyle.com to hear it straight from the horse's mouth).

No comments:

Post a Comment